- Participants may perform a monologue from a published play or any entertainment media (e.g. Theatre, TV, Film, New Media). As an alternative, if a participant chooses, he/she may also perform their own original material which must be a character-based theatrical monologue.
- Only monologues that are contemporary in nature are allowed (i.e. anything after the 1930s) to be performed at The Singapore Monologue Slam.
- The timing for each performance will begin the moment the actor speaks his/her first word.
- For the Grand Slam, performers will be given a silent cue at the 1min 45s mark. At the 2 minute mark there will be a "bell chime". Performers will have 15s to wrap up their monologue. Any monologue that goes over 2min and 15s will be disqualified.
- Participants are allowed to be in costume for their performance(s).
- Participants are allowed one chair and/or one hand prop. No lights, sounds or multimedia will be allowed during the competition. The stage should not need to be cleaned when your monologue is over.
- For safety reasons, the following hand props are NOT ALLOWED:
Liquid (other than water)
Prop Guns or Knives
- Call time on all three show dates will be at 6.00pm at *SCAPEmedia Hub, Level 5. Participants are required to show up on time for briefing. Following that, participants will be given preparation time to work in the performance space before the house opens at 7.30pm. If a participant fails to turn up by 7.00pm, the participant will be disqualified. There will be no refund of registration fees in this event.
- The sequence of the performance line-up will be decided by the organiser and the organiser’s decision is final.
- The decisions made by the judging panel is final and no appeals will be entertained.